Colleges and universities across the nation offering online bachelors degree in information science programs charge students an average tuition of $14,125 per year. Over the past few years, the average tuition has increased. This change in tuition was about 16.7%. The average tuition per annum was $12,103 at these online schools in 2007.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at colleges offering online information science programs at the bachelors level from least to most affordable:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
A yearly tuition of over $18,864 is charged by the costliest schools that have online bachelors degree in information science programs. On the other hand, yearly tuition ranging from $2,812 to $5,436 is charged by the cheapest colleges. Arkansas, Florida, Missouri, North Carolina, and Texas are home to the lowest cost accredited online information science bachelors degree schools.
- Bachelor in Computer Information Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Sciences and Technology
- Bachelor of Professional Studies in Computer Information Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology
- Computer Information Science (Bachelor’s)
- Bachelor of Computer Information Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies in Computer Information Science – Enterprise Computing
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies in Computer Information Science – Information Systems Security
- Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Science – Database Mining
Of all information science graduates with bachelors degrees from online colleges across the country, approximately 23% graduated from these low tuition programs in 2011. Therefore, of the 524,349 graduates in the nation, 122,257 are from the most inexpensive colleges and universities. From 2006 to 2011, the percentage of information science graduates with bachelors degrees from the most inexpensive online colleges has decreased. However, the number of graduates has increased by 11,842 graduates per annum.
Tuition ranging from $5,452 to $10,386 annually is charged by other somewhat more expensive online information science bachelors degree colleges and universities. An estimated 7 of the 29 online schools that offer bachelors degrees in information science programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
Approximately 164,393 students earned their degrees from these low tuition online programs in 2011. This is 31% of the nation’s information science bachelors level graduates. In 2006, which was just 5 years earlier, only 154,982 students graduated from these schools. This is a 6% increase in the number of students graduating from these cheap online schools.
Today is Blog Action Day (#BAD13). Bloggers around the globe are posting on the topic of Human Rights, which —… Continue Reading
Online education got a boost this week after a survey by the polling group Gallup shows that most of the… Continue Reading
With the U.S. about to be unable to pay its bills on Thursday, and two weeks into the government shutdown,… Continue Reading