An average tuition of $6,729 annually is charged by colleges and universities across the nation that offer online associates degree in technology programs. In recent years, the average tuition has increased. This change in tuition was around 9.9%. In 2007, the average tuition was $6,121 per year at these online colleges.
The range of tuition at colleges offering online technology programs at the associates level from least to most affordable is shown in the following chart:
|Number of Schools
At the high end, schools offering online associates degree in technology programs charge students more than $11,475 in tuition yearly. However, tuition ranging from $576 to $2,700 yearly is charged by the cheapest colleges and universities. California, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Mexico, and Texas are home to the least costly accredited online technology associates degree schools.
- Associate of Arts and Science in Telecommunications and Networking Engineering Technology
- Associate of Arts and Science in RODP: Professional Studies Information Technology
- Associate of Arts and Science in RODP: Web Technology
- Associate of Science in Building Construction Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology
- Associate of Arts and Science in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science in Software Development Technology
- Associate of Science in Information Technology – Web Development
- Associate of Arts and Science in Software Development Technology
In 2011, these affordable programs graduated a reported 23% of technology graduates with associates degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation. This represents 139,831 of the 600,088 graduates in the nation. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of technology graduates with associates degrees from the lowest cost online colleges and universities has increased, while the number of graduates has also increased by 22,564 graduates annually.
Yearly tuition in the range of $2,765 to $4,392 is charged by other somewhat more costly online technology associates degree schools. Approximately 58 of the 167 online schools offering associates degrees in technology programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
In 2011, 169,166 students received their certificates from these cheap online programs. This represents 28% of the country’s technology associates level graduates. Only 149,419 students graduated from these colleges, only 5 years earlier, in 2006. This is a 13% increase in the number of students graduating from these cheap online schools.
It’s been said before on this site: scholarships are not just for the academically or athletically gifted. Many scholarships are… Continue Reading
Unlike so many online education alternatives before they came along, massively open online courses (MOOCs) captured the educational zeitgeist and… Continue Reading
Health care is a Big Topic these days. One video, that Upworthy has been circulating around the social media world,… Continue Reading