A yearly median tuition of $23,670 is charged by schools offering online game development programs around the country. The median tuition has decreased, over the past few years, by 1%. In 2007, the annual median tuition was $23,820 at these online schools.
Below, the chart displays the tuition range for online game development colleges from highest to lowest cost:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
At the high end, schools with online game development programs charge students more than $28,240 in tuition yearly. But, tuition at the cheapest colleges and universities is in the range of $14,766 to $19,100 per year. Arizona and Illinois are home to the lowest cost accredited online game development schools.
- Associate of Arts in Game Development
- Master of Science in Computer Game Development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development – Gaming
- Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media – Game Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Game Development
- Associate of Arts and Science in Simulation and Game Development
- Master of Arts in Interactive Design and Game Development
- Master of Fine Arts in Interactive Design and Game Development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development – Production and Design
- Multimedia Technologies Associate’s – Digital Design and Animation
Approximately 44% of game development graduates from online schools around the US graduated from these low tuition programs in 2011. Therefore, of the 81,990 graduates from around the US, 36,124 are from the least costly schools. Between 2006 and 2011, the number of game development graduates from the least expensive online schools has decreased by 9,624 graduates per year, while the percentage of graduates from these schools has also decreased.