The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation that offer online creative writing programs is $11,088 yearly. In recent years, the median tuition has increased by 42.4%. The yearly median tuition was $7,785 at these online colleges in 2007.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at online creative writing colleges from least to most affordable:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
A yearly tuition of over $23,192 is charged by the costliest online creative writing colleges and universities. On the other end of the spectrum, tuition at the cheapest colleges is in the range of $1,704 to $6,076 each year. Arizona and Texas are home to the lowest cost accredited online creative writing schools.
- Master of Arts in English and Creative Writing – Non-Fiction
- Master of Arts in English and Creative Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and Writing For the Performing Arts
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing – Poetry
- Master of Arts in English and Creative Writing – Poetry
- Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing – Screenwriting
- Master of Arts in English and Creative Writing – Screenwriting
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing – Single Genre – Creative Nonfiction
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing – Single Genre – Writing For Young People
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing – Single Genre – Fiction
Of all creative writing graduates from online colleges across the country, approximately 30% graduated from these low tuition programs in 2011. This represents 21,118 of the 71,500 graduates from across the country. Between 2006 and 2011, the number of creative writing graduates from the least expensive online colleges and universities has increased by 7,039 graduates annually, while the percentage of graduates from these colleges and universities has decreased.
Other somewhat more costly online creative writing colleges and universities charge a yearly tuition in the range of $9,402 to $11,088. A reported 2 of the 7 online schools with creative writing programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
Approximately 34,704 students earned their degrees from these low tuition online programs in 2011. This is 49% of the nation’s creative writing graduates.
Have you ever looked at the price tag for a college degree and wondered if it’s worth the money? From… Continue Reading
According to a study published by The College Board, the trend of increasing college tuition has slowed at schools across… Continue Reading
Making the decision to go — or go back — to college can be challenging. In the age of online… Continue Reading