The average tuition charged by colleges in the US offering online computer engineering programs is $11,901 yearly. The average tuition has increased by 25.1% in recent years. The yearly average tuition at these onlinecolleges in 2007 was $9,511.
The range of tuition at online computer engineering colleges from most to least expensive is shown in the following chart:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
A yearly tuition of over $14,766 is charged by the costliest online computer engineering colleges and universities. The cheapest schools, on the other hand, require students to pay tuition in the range of $3,530 to $3,874 per annum. The accredited online computer engineering schools that are the least expensive are located in Florida, Idaho, and Virginia.
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering – VLSI and Circuit Design
- Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering – Data Communications and Networks
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Engineering – Networks and Communications
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Engineering – Multimedia Engineering
- PhD in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering – Energy Sources and Systems
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 35% of computer engineering graduates from online colleges and universities in the nation. Therefore, of the 261,072 graduates in the nation, 90,322 are from the most inexpensive colleges and universities. Between 2006 and 2011, the number of computer engineering graduates from the least expensive online colleges and universities has increased by 19,713 graduates annually, while the percentage of graduates from these colleges and universities has also increased.
Yearly tuition in the range of $4,853 to $6,102 is charged by other somewhat more costly online computer engineering colleges and universities. Of the 13 online colleges and universities with computer engineering programs in the nation, 3 offer programs with tuition in this range.
A reported 25%, or 65,375 of the nation’s computer engineering graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. The number of graduates from these colleges was only 48,721 students, only 5 years earlier, in 2006. Thus, the number of graduates from these affordable online colleges has increased by 34%.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris has filed a lawsuit against Corinthian Colleges Inc., a for-profit college chain based in Orange… Continue Reading
Private student loans, especially prior to the Great Recession, have played a large part in driving up the debt burdens… Continue Reading
Have you ever looked at the price tag for a college degree and wondered if it’s worth the money? From… Continue Reading