Colleges and universities across the nation offering online bachelors degree in engineering programs charge students an average tuition of $13,500 per year. The average tuition has increased over the past few years. This change in tuition was around 16.6%. In 2007, the average tuition was $11,576 per year at these online colleges.
The range of tuition at colleges offering online engineering programs at the bachelors level from most to least expensive is shown in the following chart:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
The most expensive colleges that have online bachelors degree in engineering programs require students to pay a yearly tuition of over $21,980. But, tuition in the range of $2,816 to $5,461 annually is charged by the cheapest schools. Florida, Idaho, North Carolina, Texas, and Virginia are home to the lowest cost accredited online engineering bachelors degree schools.
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science In Information Technology in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology – Electronics
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology – Information
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Science – Nanomedicine
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Communications Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Technical Management – Engineering Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology-Electronics in Engineering Technology – Electronics
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Of all engineering graduates with bachelors degrees from online colleges across the country, approximately 27% graduated from these low tuition programs in 2011. This represents 412,695 of the 1,547,985 graduates in the nation. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of engineering graduates with bachelors degrees from the lowest cost online colleges and universities has decreased, while the number of graduates has increased by 12,917 graduates annually.
Other somewhat more costly online engineering bachelors degree schools charge a yearly tuition in the range of $5,472 to $7,900. Tuition in this range is charged by 18 of the 80 online colleges offering bachelors degrees in engineering programs in the country.
In 2011, 25.3%, or 392,259 of the country’s engineering bachelors level graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. A short 5 years prior, in 2006, the number of students graduating from these colleges and universities was as much as 394,714. This represents a 1% decrease in the number of graduates from these low tuition online schools.
In a recent ranking of its best value colleges, Kiplinger’s compiled a list of schools that offer the best educational… Continue Reading
Today is Blog Action Day (#BAD13). Bloggers around the globe are posting on the topic of Human Rights, which —… Continue Reading
Online education got a boost this week after a survey by the polling group Gallup shows that most of the… Continue Reading