Colleges and universities across the nation that have online bachelors degree in elementary education programs require students to pay an average tuition of $11,686 per year. The average tuition has increased by 12.2% in recent years. The yearly average tuition at these online colleges in 2007 was $10,417.
Below, the chart displays the tuition range for colleges offering online elementary education programs at the bachelors level from most to least costly:
|Number of Schools
At the high end, schools with online bachelors degree in elementary education programs charge students more than $18,900 in tuition per annum. But, the cheapest colleges charge yearly tuition costs in the range of $2,688 to $5,452. Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, North Dakota, and Utah are home to the lowest cost accredited online elementary education bachelors degree schools.
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Interdisciplinary Studies
- B.S. in Elementary Education: Science (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Learning Disabilities
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Language Arts: Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education – Science
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Language Arts: Reading
- Bachelor of Arts in Education – Elementary Education (Grades K-6)
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Integrated Science
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Integrated Science: Language Arts
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 17% of elementary education graduates with bachelors degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation. This represents 83,680 of the 486,969 graduates from around the US. From 2006 to 2011, the number of elementary education graduates with bachelors degrees from the least costly online colleges and universities has increased by 21,874 graduates each year. Also, the percentage of graduates from these colleges and universities has increased.
Yearly tuition in the range of $5,461 to $7,584 is charged by other somewhat more costly online elementary education bachelors degree colleges and universities. Of the 55 online colleges and universities that have bachelors degrees in elementary education programs in the nation, 12 have tuition in this range.
In 2011, 31.7%, or 154,576 of the country’s elementary education bachelors level graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. In 2006, which was only 5 years earlier, the number of graduates from these colleges was as much as 166,268 students. Thus, from these low tuition online colleges and universities, the number of graduates has decreased by 7%.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris has filed a lawsuit against Corinthian Colleges Inc., a for-profit college chain based in Orange… Continue Reading
Private student loans, especially prior to the Great Recession, have played a large part in driving up the debt burdens… Continue Reading
Have you ever looked at the price tag for a college degree and wondered if it’s worth the money? From… Continue Reading