Miranda writes for Bankling, a new portal for personal finance information, which publishes a weblog, and a resources section that contains tools like the highest bank CD rates , the highest savings account rates, free mortgage rate calculators, and more.
With the recession on, many people are interested in saving money. It is no surprise that frugal is back — and in a big way. Here are 50 blogs (in no particular order) that can help you save money and live a frugal lifestyle.
General Frugal Living
1. Frugal Dad provides insight into living frugally by eschewing debt, getting the most for your money, and being happy with what you have.
2. Being Frugal offers a number of helpful articles on frugal living – including a regular feature called Tightwad Tuesday.
3. Simple Mom is a blog that offers frugal living ideas, as well as personal finance information and life hacks.
4. Festival of Frugality is a rotating blog festival. It features great articles from a number of writers every week. The Festival has its own blog, which shares great information, tips and helps for frugal living.
5. Almost Frugal shares a personal journey on the road to frugality, and provides insights that can help you come along.
6. A Mother in Israel provides frugal insight for living a kosher life.
7. Domestic Sense is about finding ways to improve your quality of life while being frugal.
8. A Frugal Living Blog by a Frugal Guy focuses on making the most out of your life through frugal living.
9. The Frugal Duchess features helpful information on being frugal, while remaining fashionable and fun.
10. Pat Veretto’s Frugal Living Blog gives readers a first hand account of living frugally.
11. Frugal Zeitgeist offers personal finance ideas with a focus on saving money and frugal living.
12. Not Made of Money looks at frugal living from the perspective of a husband and wife team.
13. Fabulously Broke is a blog about saving money while still enjoying a good life.
Frugal Tips, Tricks and Bargain Hunting
Looking for tips and tricks to save a little money? Want bargain hunting advice? These blogs show you how you can save money every month.
14. $5 Dinners is a great frugality blog that focuses on helping you create delicious dinners for less than $5.
15. Frugal Babe chronicles her quests for great deals. Once you see how she does, you will see how you can do it, too.
16. Money Saving Mom focuses on grocery shopping tips, and providing information on good deals.
17. Ebates Shopping Blog is all about tricks, tips and offers to help you save money on almost anything.
18. It’s Frugal Being Green provides proof tips and tricks for being environmentally friendly while living a frugal lifestyle. It really is possible!
19. Mashup Mom is focused on sharing tips that can help parents live more frugally every day.
20. Make It From Scratch devotes itself to tips and ideas that can help you save money by making a number of things — from food to carpet cleaner — on your own.
21. Home Ec 101 provides helpful ideas on saving money around the house, from food to cleaning to fixing things up.
23. Frugal Blog on Families.com is chock full of helpful advice and frugal tricks on getting the most out of your money.
24. Mighty Bargain Hunter shares tools and tips to help you get the best deals and live frugally.
25. Savvy Frugality offers a number of tips and tricks to help you remain focused on living within your means.
26. Frugal Sister features helpful information, tools and more — from a pair of sisters helping each other live the frugal life.
27. Coupon Cravings provides regular deals, coupons and specials that can help you save money.
28. Mommy Saves Big printable coupons lets you peruse what’s available, and then print out coupons for your offline shopping needs. Online coupon codes available as well.
29. Coupon Mom Blog offers a number of coupons — by state — and provides information on free samples and offers to boot.
30. Coupon Blog specializes in online coupons, providing daily deals from different retailers.
31. Donna’s Coupons is the About.com site on couponing. A great, daily roundup of online coupons and more.
32. Coupon Mountain has a blog that posts special deals for online and offline merchandise.
33. Coupon Chief offers a number of Internet deals. Others can submit coupons, and there is a trust score so that you know whether coupon contributors can be trusted.
34. Coupon Cactus provides codes, and even has a coupon alert system to let you know when your favorites are available.
35. Live on Coupons is from Idaho Press-Tribune, but there are plenty of coupon deals that are available anywhere.
36. Coupon Shak provides coupons on specific items, as well as rebates and travel coupons.
37. Retail Me Not lists merchants and coupon codes to help you save money when you check out.
38. Find Savings offers all a number new deals available daily.
Frugal Blog Posts
39. Free From Broke offers 9 ways you can save money when it comes to baby costs.
40. Modern Gal shares specific ways she will save money while going green.
41. Stretchy Dollar has a great post on turning a super spender into a frugal saver.
42. M is for Money features some delicious meals that you can make frugally.
43. Savings Advice provides a handy step-by-step article on getting the most out of your coupons.
44. Christian PF lists 6 things you can buy now that will pay for themselves by this time next year.
45. Five Cent Nickel helps you avoid shopping pitfalls that can cost you more.
46. Moolanomy offers an interesting quiz: Are you frugal, or are you cheap?
47. My Two Dollars knows 25 household items that you can reuse to enhance your frugality.
48. Bible Money Matters looks at way you can eat out for less.
49. Pay Less for Food features a look at why now could be a good time to try store brand products.
50. Christian Money Mountain shares information on saving money on gas.