Cheap Online Education PhD Colleges
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation with online PhD in education programs is $7,269 yearly. In recent years, the median tuition has increased by 40.9%. In 2007, the median tuition was $5,158 annually at these online colleges and universities.
Online doctoral degree program in education colleges can also be referred to as Education Administration and Teaching colleges. The tuition range for colleges offering online education programs at the PhD level is displayed in the following graph. Tuition is shown from the most to least costly colleges and universities.
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $16,792 each year is charged by the most expensive online PhD in education colleges. On the other hand, annual tuition charged by the cheapest schools ranges from $1,454 to $4,970. The accredited online education PhD schools that are the least expensive are located in Florida, Massachusetts, North Carolina, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership - Brain Based Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership - Brain Based Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Instructional Technology and Distance Education - Brain Based Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Nursing Education - Brain Based Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Reading Education - Brain Based Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership - Community College Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Special Education - Brain Based Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership - Community College Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Instructional Technology and Distance Education - Community College Leadership
- PhD in Health Services - Community Health Education and Advocacy
In 2011, of all education graduates with PhD from online colleges and universities in the nation, an estimated 24% earned credentials from these cheap programs. This represents 712,387 of the 2,990,738 graduates from across the country. From 2006 to 2011, the number of education graduates with PhD from the least costly online schools has increased by 142,713 graduates per year. Also, the percentage of graduates from these schools has increased.
Other somewhat more expensive online education doctorate degree colleges charge students tuition ranging from $5,016 to $7,368 per year. An estimated 39 of the 151 online schools that offer doctorate degrees in education programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
In 2011, 26.5% of the country's education doctoral level graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. This represents 791,070 students. Just 5 years prior, in 2006, only 588,641 students earned credentials from these schools. This is a 34% increase in the number of students graduating from these reasonably priced online schools.