Find a Cheap Online College
A per annum median tuition of $10,898 is charged by colleges and universities that offer online RN programs across the nation. In recent years, there has been a 87.3% increase in the median tuition. In 2007, the median tuition at these online schools was $5,819 yearly.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at online RN colleges from most to least expensive:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
The most expensive colleges that offer online RN programs require students to pay a yearly tuition of over $21,620. On the other hand, tuition charged by the cheapest colleges and universities ranges from $1,284 to $3,126 per annum. The accredited online RN schools that are the least expensive are located in Arizona, Arkansas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – RN to BSN
- Doctor of Nursing Practice – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Nursing – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Clinical Nurse Specialist: Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse Practitioner: Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in RN To BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse Practitioner: Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse Practitioner: Adult Nurse Practitioner: Cardiovascular
- Master of Science in Nursing – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse Practitioner: Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in RN To Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse Practitioner: Family Nurse Practitioner
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 7% of nursing graduates from online colleges and universities in the nation. This represents 13,926 of the 206,439 graduates in the nation. Between 2006 and 2011, the number of nursing graduates from the least expensive online colleges has increased by 213 graduates yearly, while the percentage of graduates from these colleges has decreased.
Tuition ranging from $3,555 to $7,148 each year is charged by other somewhat more expensive online RN colleges. Of the 26 online colleges and universities that have RN programs in the nation, 6 have tuition in this range.
In 2011, 46,653 students received their credentials from these reasonably priced online programs. This represents 23% of the country’s nursing graduates. Only 22,903 students earned credentials from these colleges in 2006, which was only 5 years prior.
|Everest University||Online||Click for more info||Click for more info|
|Walden University||Online||Click for more info||Click for more info|
|Post University||Online||Click for more info||Click for more info|
|1. Pima Community College||Tucson, Arizona||$1,284||$6,456|
|2. Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas||De Queen, Arkansas||$1,800||$4,500|
|3. Gaston College||Dallas, North Carolina||$1,808||$7,952|
|4. South Arkansas Community College||El Dorado, Arkansas||$1,920||$3,504|
|5. Clark State Community College||Springfield, Ohio||$2,556||$5,112|
|6. Lower Columbia College||Longview, Washington||$3,126||$3,891|
|7. Boise State University||Boise, Idaho||$3,555||$13,011|
|8. Pittsburg State University||Pittsburg, Kansas||$3,868||$12,608|
|9. Marion Technical College||Marion, Ohio||$4,140||$6,300|
|10. SUNY College of Technology at Delhi||Delhi, New York||$4,970||$9,100|
|11. Triton College||River Grove, Illinois||$6,960||$8,730|
|12. Eastern Michigan University||Ypsilanti, Michigan||$7,148||$21,053|
|13. University of Phoenix||Savannah, Georgia||$10,320||$10,320|
|14. Salem International University||Salem, West Virginia||$11,475||$11,475|
|15. National American University||Rapid City, South Dakota||$11,583||$11,583|
|16. Rasmussen College||St. Cloud, Minnesota||$15,120||$15,120|
|17. South University||Savannah, Georgia||$15,285||$15,285|
|18. Grand Canyon University||Phoenix, Arizona||$16,500||$16,500|
|19. Liberty University||Lynchburg, Virginia||$16,792||$16,792|
|20. King College||Bristol, Tennessee||$21,620||$21,620|