In the US, there are 3 online medical billing colleges. These online medical billing colleges and universities are sometimes called medical billing and coding colleges and universities. An average tuition of $9,726 per year is charged by these colleges and universities. There has been a 32.9% decrease in the average tuition over the past few years. In 2007, the annual average tuition was $14,496 at these online schools.
A yearly tuition of approximately $16,400 is charged by the costliest college that offers online medical billing programs. On the other hand, tuition charged by the cheapest school is $2,496 annually.
- Associate of Science in Medical Billing and Insurance Coding (ASMBIC)
- Associate of Science in Medical Billing and Insurance Coding
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Billing and Coding
- Associate of Occupational Studies in Medical Billing and Coding
- Associate of Arts and Science in Medical Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Associates
- Associate of Arts and Science in Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Healthcare Reimbursement
Of all medical billing graduates from online colleges across the US, approximately 20% graduated from these lowest cost programs at MSU-GF in 2011. This represents 1,215 of the 6,151 graduates in the US. From 2006 to 2011, the number of medical billing graduates from the least costly programs at MSU-GF has decreased by 1,416 graduates each year. Also, the percentage of graduates from these colleges and universities has decreased.
In 2011, 2,549 students received their credentials from these affordable online programs at Fortis College. This represents 41% of the country’s medical billing graduates.