Colleges and universities across the nation that have online information assurance programs require students to pay a median tuition of $11,040 per year. The median tuition has increased, over the past few years, by 10.6%. At these online colleges and universities the median tuition each year in 2007 was $9,978.
The tuition range for online information assurance colleges from highest to lowest cost is displayed in the following graph:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
A yearly tuition of over $19,890 is charged by the costliest online information assurance colleges and universities. The cheapest schools, on the other hand, require students to pay tuition in the range of $2,160 to $5,336 yearly. Georgia, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oklahoma are home to the least expensive accredited online information assurance schools.
- Master of Science in Cyber Security and Information Assurance – Security Software Engineering
- Associate of Arts and Science in Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Security and Information Assurance – Biometric Security
- Bachelor of Science in Information Assurance
- Master of Science in Information Assurance – Chief Information Security Officer
- Bachelor of General Studies in Information Assurance
- Master of Science in Cyber Security and Information Assurance – Computer Forensics
- Master of Science in Information Assurance – Compliance, Governance Audit
- Master of Science in Information Assurance – Business Continuity
- Master of Science in Information Assurance – Business Continuity Management
Of all information assurance graduates from online colleges across the country, a reported 23% graduated from these affordable programs in 2011. Therefore, of the 247,841 graduates from across the country, 57,752 are from the least costly colleges. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of information assurance graduates from the lowest cost online colleges and universities has decreased, while the number of graduates has increased by 7,616 graduates annually.
Yearly tuition in the range of $5,948 to $9,611 is charged by other somewhat more costly online information assurance colleges. Tuition in this range is charged by 5 of the 21 online colleges with information assurance programs in the country.
In 2011, 28.4%, or 70,297 of the country’s information assurance graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. The number of graduates from these colleges was as much as 71,171 students, only 5 years earlier, in 2006. Thus, the number of graduates from these affordable online colleges has decreased by 1%.
Perhaps one of the most repeated quotes in the aftermath came from President Obama, “There are no winners here. These… Continue Reading
Getting a job during or after college can be a challenge for students at any time. With fierce competition in… Continue Reading
In a recent ranking of its best value colleges, Kiplinger’s compiled a list of schools that offer the best educational… Continue Reading