Schools around the country offering online masters degree in advanced practice registered nursing programs charge students an average tuition of $11,373 per year. The yearly average tuition at these online colleges in 2007 was $4,120.
The tuition range for colleges offering online clinical nurse specialist programs at the masters level from most to least costly is displayed in the following graph:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $16,500 yearly is charged by the most expensive online masters degree in advanced practice registered nursing colleges. On the other end of the spectrum, yearly tuition at the cheapest colleges is in the range of $2,881 to $4,494. The most inexpensive accredited online advanced practice registered nursing masters degree schools are located in North Carolina and Texas.
- Master of Science in Parent-Child Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing in Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing – Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing in Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing – Geriatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing – Psychiatric-Mental Health: Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing – Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing in Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist – Adult
- Master of Science in Nursing – Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Medical-Surgical
- M.S. in Nursing: Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist (Bridge)
Of all advanced practice registered nursing graduates with masters degrees from online colleges across the country, a reported 28% graduated from these affordable programs in 2011. Therefore, of the 112,267 graduates from across the country, 31,458 are from the least costly colleges. From 2006 to 2011, the percentage of advanced practice registered nursing graduates with masters degrees from the most inexpensive online schools has decreased. However, the number of graduates has increased by 23,897 graduates per year.
Yearly tuition in the range of $5,211 to $8,493 is charged by other somewhat more costly online advanced practice registered nursing masters degree colleges and universities. Of the 6 online colleges and universities that have masters degrees in advanced practice registered nursing programs in the nation, 2 have tuition in this range.
A reported 39.4%, or 44,217 of the nation’s advanced practice registered nursing masters level graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011.
While the shutdown has had little direct effect on students and others in academia, the result of this week’s Congressional… Continue Reading
In several studies released over the last couple months, experts have linked overborrowing of student loans with a lack financial… Continue Reading
A scholarship is a good thing, right? You are able to spend more time concentrating on your college studies and… Continue Reading