Find a Cheap Online College
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation that have online associates degree in medical transcription programs is $2,496 yearly. In 2007, the median tuition at these online schools was $2,496 per annum.
Below, the chart displays the tuition range for colleges offering online medical transcription programs at the associates level from highest to lowest cost:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
At the high end, schools with online associates degree in medical transcription programs charge students more than $2,618 in tuition each year. On the other end of the spectrum, tuition in the range of $1,636 to $1,704 yearly is charged by the cheapest schools. Arizona and Kansas are home to the most inexpensive accredited online medical transcription associates degree schools.
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management Systems – Medical Transcription
- Associate of Arts and Science in Health Information Technology – Medical Transcription
- Associate of Arts and Science in Office Administration – Medical Transcription and Coding
- Associate of Arts and Science in Medical Transcription
- Associate of Science in Medical Billing and Insurance Coding (ASMBIC)
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting (ASMA)
- A.S. in Health Sciences – concentration in Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Associates
- Medical Office Administration
- Associate of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration
In 2011, of all medical transcription graduates with associates degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation, an estimated 31% earned credentials from these cheap programs. Therefore, of the 15,306 graduates from around the US, 4,735 are from the most inexpensive schools.
Tuition ranging from $1,767 to $2,496 per annum is charged by other somewhat more expensive online medical transcription associates degree colleges. Tuition in this range is charged by 2 of the 7 online colleges offering associates degrees in medical transcription programs in the country.
A reported 18.2%, or 2,781 of the nation’s medical transcription associates level graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. In 2006, which was only 5 years earlier, the number of graduates from these colleges was only 1,896 students. Therefore, the number of students graduating from these cheap online colleges has increased by 47%.
|Everest University||Online||Click for more info||Click for more info|
|Walden University||Online||Click for more info||Click for more info|
|Post University||Online||Click for more info||Click for more info|
|1. Barton County Community College||Great Bend, Kansas||$1,636||$2,408|
|2. GateWay Community College||Phoenix, Arizona||$1,704||$7,488|
|3. Cowley County Community College||Arkansas City, Kansas||$1,767||$3,224|
|4. Montana State University Great Falls College of Technology||Great Falls, Montana||$2,496||$8,748|
|5. Williston State College||Williston, North Dakota||$2,618||$2,618|
|6. Mountain State College||Parkersburg, West Virginia||$8,100||$8,100|
|7. Rasmussen College||St. Cloud, Minnesota||$15,120||$15,120|