Cheap Online Nurse Practitioner Masters Degree Colleges
The average tuition charged by schools around the country offering online masters degree in advanced nursing programs is $14,935 yearly. The average tuition has increased, in recent years, by 25.5%. In 2007, the average tuition at these online colleges was $11,897 annually.
Below, the chart displays the tuition range for colleges offering online nurse practitioner programs at the masters level from highest to lowest cost:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $23,800 each year is charged by the most expensive online masters degree in advanced nursing colleges. On the other end of the spectrum, tuition at the cheapest colleges is in the range of $3,696 to $5,859 per year. Georgia, Missouri, and Texas are home to the least costly accredited online advanced nursing masters degree schools.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Adult
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Midwifery/Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Midwifery and Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science/Doctor of Nurse Practice
- Master of Science Nurse Midwifery/Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nurse Practitioner - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Child Health Clinical Nurse Specialist/Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
A reported 18% of advanced nursing graduates with masters degrees from online schools around the US graduated from these affordable programs in 2011. Therefore, of the 227,029 graduates from around the US, 41,627 are from the most inexpensive schools. From 2006 to 2011, the percentage of advanced nursing graduates with masters degrees from the most inexpensive online colleges has increased. Also, the number of graduates has increased by 8,260 graduates per annum.
Tuition ranging from $6,076 to $10,920 per annum is charged by other somewhat more expensive online advanced nursing masters degree schools. Tuition in this range is charged by 5 of the 21 online colleges that offer masters degrees in advanced nursing programs in the country.
In 2011, 37.3% of the country's advanced nursing masters level graduates received their credentials from these reasonably priced online programs. This represents 84,690 students. The number of graduates from these schools was only 56,988 students, just 5 years earlier, in 2006. This represents a 49% increase in the number of graduates from these low tuition online schools.